- 1 1/2 T. oregano
- 1 lb. 2% Cottage Cheese
- 1 lb of California Blend frozen veggies
- 2 c. cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 c. cooked chicken
- shredded cheddar cheese
- coconut oil for greasing casserole dish(es)
- Preheat the oven to 350*F and grease your 9″x 13″ casserole dish (or if, like me, your casserole dish is dirty, you can use a couple smaller dishes.)
- Cook the California Blend according to package directions (or wing it. Put water in a pan, add a little salt, bring it to a boil and add your veggies. Measure nothing, you ne’er do well, you. Don’t you feel adventurous now? 😉 ).
- While the veggies are cooking, mix the oregano and the cottage cheese (I love Daisy! It may not be organic, but it has no crazy additives.) together in a medium to large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- If you, like me, freeze your meat and beans in prepackaged portions, you can add the frozen portions to the veggie cooking water. This will help thaw them quickly and heat everything to an even temperature. After everything is thawed, drain the water out and add the veggie/bean/chicken mix to the cottage cheese/oregano mixture. Stir well and then pour into your prepared dish(es).
- Top with shredded cheddar and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes, and then enjoy. 😀