Asparagus, Bacon, Tomato Bowl
- 1 # asparagus, tender parts, chopped to 3/4″ pieces
- 12 oz. bacon, raw, cut into 1″ or shorter pieces
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 4 small to medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 T. Greek dressing
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add bacon and stir to separate pieces.*
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add onion slices and stir.
- Cook another 3-5 minutes, add asparagus, stir again, and then cover the pan to help steam the aparagus.
- After about 3 minutes, remove the lid, stir in the garlic, and replace the lid.
- When the asparagus is cooked, but before it’s mushy, remove heat, and add the can of tomatoes and Greek dressing. Stir well and serve with a side of bread.
*I used kitchen scissors to cut through the whole bag of bacon. I thought that would be easier than trying to slice each piece individually. It worked well. 🙂