Last year I set very lofty ones. Goals for reading. Goals for life. Goals for this and that and the other thing.
Some of them happened. Most of them did not.
Ironically, imo anyway, is that most of those that I did not accomplish – I didn’t even notice that I hadn’t accomplished them until this year.
Why did it take me so long to notice that my goals had completely fallen by the wayside?
Because I stopped looking at them. I stopped paying attention to them. I got busy with life and didn’t focus on making or having a plan.
I got sick in February and stopped running/working through the Couch to 5K program. My baby started walking and getting into everything. I had to start doing more reacting and responding and did not take the time to organize.
I did continue meal planning. I did determine that I had a lot of food sensitivities and start accommodating them. I did lose 25 lbs. I did start officially home schooling my two oldest children. I did get plugged into a serving position at our new church as well as a small group. I did have someone tell me to my face that she thought I was struggling with a little bit of depression. I did realize that she was right. heh…keepin’ it real, folks. Keepin’ it real.
So…all of that being said, here is a list of different things I would like to do for 2014:
- Read through the entire Bible. (Already started this and using this plan: http://www.mgefc.org/476652.ihtml)
- Participate in the T-Tapp 60 Day Challenge, starting January 25 and running through March 25.
- Incorporate regular guitar practice into my week.
- Complete the Couch to 5K program. (Yup, trying this one again.)
- Organize our house and downsize our stuff, one room at a time. (I’m currently working on our great room and it looks GREAT! heh…you see what I did there, yes?)
- Get the hang of and follow the Trim Healthy Mama program while working with my food sensitivities.
- Keep in touch with my NC friends via letters, cards, and postcards.
- Start and maintain a home management system such as the one outlined here: Motivated Moms Chore Planner.
- Continue to home school our children and interface with our home school support group on a regular basis.
- Participate in the Scripture Memory Project for this year.
These are my personal goals. As I’ve been praying recently, the word that keeps coming to mind for this year is “Focus.” Those of you who’ve been with me for awhile may notice that there are no web design goals or other out there goals. I’m feeling the need to focus instead of bouncing from interest to interest like a ping pong ball and having just as little impact. This is definitely a challenge for me, but I know it will yield good results. And that those results are not just going to benefit me, but our next generation as my children see me focus and hopefully internalize how to do so. You know, the old “More is caught than taught?” Or the old “Monkey see, Monkey do?” We’ve GOT to be intentional in the seeds that we sow. As believers, we know that if we don’t take the time to sow good and godly seed, there’s an enemy lurking nearby who will gladly sow destruction in the fallow ground of our children’s hearts.
Here are a couple of different links that have helped me lately:
So…if anybody’s out there reading this, please holler at me with your own list. And if you don’t periodically see updates on this periodically, holler again. I’ll both appreciate it and reciprocate, should you like.